Monday, December 15, 2008

Stressed out!!!

The last three days had been quite stressing. I hope writing everything will help.

Day 1 : My laptop's display flickered for two minutes and went on to a life-long hibernation. Thankfully, it's still in the warranty period, but it would be repaired only when I reach back Delhi. All my writings, my elaborated novel and movies are rotting in it. My next few days of holidays are going to be quite boring, I suppose.

Day 2 : I sent intern re-application to the professor in Scotland. Things are on the final level. I am just one application away. But, the reply was that he is on leave for a month. Another bottleneck in my work.

Day 3 : After getting awesome reviews from my friends on my novel, I showed them to my Dad. He asked me to contact a publisher, which I did yesterday only. I got a reply from them - with one good news and the other frustrating news. They are quite interested in my work but they need atleast 55,000 words in my novel to make it publishable; but it contains only 33,000 words till now. Means I would have to rub my ass on the chair for 20 more hours.

It feels repelling to work on a completed work, nevertheless once I will begin to write I am sure that I would go on and on. It's only starting a task that seems difficult.

The things that nevertheless were good, quite gratifying are
1. A portrait of a street children captured by me got published in the Hindustan Times on 12th December, 2008.
2. No. of visitors of my blogs are astoundingly increasing and awesome reviews have I got from some students and erudite English columnists.
3. My prize-money in the rendezvous photography competition got credited into my account. I am richer now!
4. Got a HP all-in-one. Scanner did its work and now my cute childhood photographs are on the net!

Just one line from the book 'The Last Lecture' instills belief in me. It's worth mentioning :

"Brick walls are there for a reason. It measures how intense is your desire to get to your goal."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. Get yourself the 'wordweb computer dictionary'. It's the best. Here is the link.

No comments: