I have so many blogger friends. And it was really surprising to me when an avid blogger, who has been in my friend list for over a year and who has been following thewittyshit.com fanpage on facebook for a long time asked me what it was all about.
I take this blog to answer what thewittyshit.com(TWS) is all about.
- Firstly, it's a creative networking website
- A website where creativity acts as a bridge to connect people. Unlike social network, where people connect via their already existing contacts, a creative network is where creativity of the person is responsible for expanding one's network.
- This can be elucidated by the concept of an art gallery. When you go to an art gallery and you see a painting that you like, you feel the need to connect to the artist to appreciate him/her and to follow his art-work later on in the coming future. There it's creativity of the artist that drives you to connect to him.
- It's a platform where you can get paid for writing just one line.
- Being a writer, I always felt that there was no platform where I could monetize my one-liners, which were good and too many in number owing to my activity on facebook and twitter.
- If you too are an avid tweeter, one-liner writer, TWS is just the right platform for you. Post your one-liners, get recognized and get featured amongst 25 thousand people.
- And that's not all, every six months, fifty best one-liners would be shortlisted and would be merchandized into tees and retailed. And you get royalty. So you get paid for writing just one line.
- It's a literary crowdsourcing website for corporate branding and advertising
- Brands can crowdsource their literary content from our hyper-creative users by running a contest on our platform
- They not only get the literary content, but also position and publicise their brand amongst our urban educated youth, who are the avid users of the website
- You get awesome prizes for writing just one word or one line for the venture.
- Currently, it's the major revenue model for the venture
Regarding the team, we are two full time people: my partner and batchmate, Apoorv Jain and I. We have over 60 part-time people being college students and around 250 campus ambassadors across India.