This world cup season, I had been amazingly involved in cricket, the habit that thankfully I caught through my activity on twitter. I’m really hopeful that India is going to win this time and I want to share the witty and emotional journey that my thought-process went through in the process. I present some of my own commentaries on the past cricket matches, starting chronologically:
- No work and no play makes Sreesanth a millionaire.
- Arindam Chaudhari, inspired by Dhoni, cuts his ponytail. He was seen wearing a T-shirt saying, 'Dare to think beyond Sachin.'
- Piyush Chawla donates half of his won money to Sreesanth, for shifting the attention of critics towards himself.
- Dhoni has made a bet to his friend that he would bring the WC without scoring more than ten runs in any match. Well, that’s called confidence.
- Yuvraj says his lack of form in the past few months was just a tactic to get rid of Deepika. Now, he is eyeing Sheila!
- Ponting goes back home, is welcomed by his wife, who says, ‘Fuck off! I’m marrying Yuvi.’
- Munaf signed by Gillette as their Brand Ambassador. His recent tweet said ‘Not taking bath since months finally paid off.’
- India wins. Nehra is thinking, ‘They were right, it was really me.’ #againstWI
- A: Dhoni played politics by sending Nehra for the last over, he wanted him out.
B: Do you realize that even Nehra wanted that!
- Bangladeshi crowd is feeling jealous. They are cursing their grandfathers for not choosing Pakistan during the partition.
- After Ind vs SA match, Dabur Amla is changing its tagline. Their new tagline goes like this: Asli Amla, Hashim Amla. B-)
Look what Mr. Lee is upto! No doubt he’s a bowler…and our Yuvi, busted his balls!
India vs Pak
- Come on India, you got to buck up. If not for us, at least win this match for Poonam Pandey's fans. #mohali
India vs Australia
- India will be facing Pakistan in Mohali. Let there be war!
- Let’s give a nice farewell to Ponting. Let’s make him Nehra for one day!
- Bharat mata ki … jai! Australia ki mata ki ________!
- Mujhe Ponting ko dekh kar ab to aur bhi zyada Hussey aa rhi hai!
- Ricky Ponting’s ton failed to get noticed in the land of master of tons.
- When it comes to Tendulkar, a bat is mightier than a sword.
India vs WI
- @Indian Team – Make sure that you don’t make me cry – ‘Holi Shit!’
- Our Indian players seem bored of cricket, they’re so desperate to end every match as soon as possible
- India is playing a good host. Setting up an example by practicing the philosophy of atithi devo bhav.
- I’m watching Dhoom 2. Even Uday Chopra looks tolerable when compared to the Indian cricket team.
- @Uday Chopra – You suck! Indian team gets the game back.
- WI wiped out. That’s what happens when you ask West Indians to play in the East India.
- West Indies team made a Nehra out of themselves.
Australia vs Pakistan
- Razzaq to Brett Lee after the last over of the innings, ‘Beta, maine teri le LEE!’
England vs SA
- England : they rock when they suck!
India vs SA
- Don’t feel bad if people go gaga on the social network when India loses. That actually prevents violence – not only against players but also against TV sets.
- Nehra is trending on TWITTER. We know who the man of the match is.
- Nehra, after four dot balls in a row, got struck for a boundary. SA believes in tat for teeth!
- India is all about diversity. A man scores a hundred runs, ten men take rest
England vs WI
- This is the first time I’m feeling good for England. After the pathetic Patiala House, they finally attained something good in India.
P.S. Follow me here on twitter.