Thursday, October 29, 2009

Limericks

Quoting wikipedia, a limerick is a five-line poem with a strict form (AABBA), which intends to be witty or humorous, and is sometimes obscene with humorous intent. It was popularized in English by Edward Lear in the 19th century.

Here is my first try - a witty one -

There always comes a time
When I find it too difficult to rhyme
Be it a couplet, poem or limerick
I fail to create them without any trick
After all, there ain't a lemonade without any lime!

This one is for people like me, who are god-gifted at thinking dirty -

I am sitting in a class
Holding a pen made of glass
Thinking about you
With feelings which are pure and true
Girl! I just wish you had a sexy arse...

Yet another one, for the emotional people -


If there is a God
Who doesn't consider me odd
Because of my crippled-leg.
Then, with all my heart, I beg
Please help me get rid of this iron-rod

A story-like limerick -

There was a five-year old clever boy
Each and every stranger, he used to annoy
By saying, ''My Dad is an alcoholic
While my mom is melancholic.
Uncle, will you buy this poor kid a toy?"

P.S. Try it out, it's sheer fun!

No comments: