Sunday, August 16, 2009

My first honest post

I have always been vocal in speaking about my country - calling it 'mine' in some way or another every now and then. But, I came to know yesterday that I'm also a hypocrite. I don't really care about it.

Yesterday, I saw a crumpled Indian tricolor lying down on the footpath of IIT with the stains of foot-steps on it, and I sat down to take its photograph. I got the photograph I desired and I was happy that I could send it to some newspaper. I came back to my hostel with the speed of a tortoise-on-Concorde and I published that photo on Orkut, facebook and eyefetch(photography website). I sent that photo to the Hindustan Times to which there has been no reply till now.

Upon seeing the photo, many of my friends commented about we being momentary Indians - but just one friend - Ankit - wrote to me that 'I hope that you picked it up. I mean you must have.'

I was astonished to realize that I didn't. I completely forgot to pick it up, being lost in the ecstasy of snapping a journalistic photograph. As I feel now, I am really ashamed of myself and I don't deserve to call myself a patriot.

P.S. This is the first time that the story-teller inside me(the exaggeration expert) is having a deep slumber and my conscience is speaking up. I am sorry to all of you, even to me.

4 comments:

aman said...

I don't know exactly what to say after reading this, was it so nice of you to admit it infront of whole world what you felt you did wrong or... I can't even say anything because I don't know what I would have done at that situation. But certainly, I would like to say Thanks to your friend Ankit, who atleast bothered to point out your fault, and made us realize what actually being patriotic means. My heartfelt salute to him !!!

UmmeAbdullah said...

that's really sad dat u frgt to pick it up..i thnk dat shud b reflex axn!..but its unbelievable that it had footsteps!!!

Unknown said...

still u relise dat u made A MISTAKE.....nd u r motivating d person its enough harsh

cityspidey said...

CitySpidey is India's first and definitive platform for hyper local community news, RWA Management Solutions and Account Billing Software for Housing Societies. We also offer residential soceity news of Noida, Dwarka, Indirapuram, Gurgaon and Faridabad.You can place advertisement for your business on city spidey.

Apartment Management System
Visitor Management System
Gate Management System
Facility Management System